Milliman’s ACO Care Management Impact Model (ACO CMIM) allows consultants, medical management staff, and financial analysts to model the impact of care management on healthcare costs and utilization. ACO CMIM enables organizations interested in setting up an accountable care organization (ACO) to establish medical management goals and performance targets that will help achieve desired financial results. They can also carefully analyze operations or the likely outcome of decisions before changes are implemented.
Optimize operations and care management structure
ACO CMIM draws on Milliman’s Health Cost Guidelines database for its comprehensive modeling. Users can determine the costs of their desired care management functions or work to structure care management to meet established financial goals. With this tool, new or existing ACOs can:
- Optimize care management operations and address waste or medically unnecessary healthcare utilization.
- Model a range of effective performance and know whether the organization is meeting goals or is able to improve.
- Analyze operations or the impact of decisions before a change is implemented.
- Determine administrative or staffing costs associated with the desired care management.
- Benchmark their performance against similar ACOs.
Contact us to learn more about how ACO CMIM can help your organization model the impact of care management decisions.