Determine claim costs for a wide variety of dental benefit plans provided through traditional and managed care programs.
The Dental Cost Guidelines provide flexibility and allow you to:
- Evaluate utilization, average charges, and cost sharing for a variety of plan designs through a step-by-step approach. Includes specific pricing details for indemnity and managed care plans.
- Access pricing details specific to orthodontia.
- Reflect a fee schedule adjusted by dental procedure code, using a fee level worksheet.
- Evaluate many cost sharing alternatives or benefit-specific limits, using claim probability distributions for several combinations.
- Simplify plan rating and further claim cost development with the Dental Rating Model, an Excel spreadsheet that accepts plan, census, orthodontia, and other miscellaneous inputs.
The Dental Cost Guidelines include:
- Indemnity Rating Structure
- HMO/PPO Rating
- Basic Tables
- Negotiated Reimbursement Worksheets
- Trend Factors
- Area Factors
- Claim Probability Distributions
- Dental Rating Model
Download the brochure »
The products we sell are the tools we use
As the premier health management consulting firm, the Health Cost Guidelines are used daily by our own in-house actuarial consultants for insight into the key drivers of healthcare costs and utilization.
The Health Cost Guidelines Suite includes the following products:
Contact your Milliman consultant or the Health Cost Guidelines Manager at HCGManager@Milliman.com if you are interested in licensing any of these products.