Anticipate future claim levels, evaluate past experience, and establish relationships between health coverage levels using the Milliman Health Cost Guidelines—Reinsurance. These guidelines contain rating structures for reinsurance used with fee-for-service or managed care plans provided to commercial or Medicare enrollees.
Use the Reinsurance Cost Guidelines to:
- Price commercial and Medicare-based products using included worksheets.
- Account for geographic area factors that vary by deductible level.
- Deal with the effects of trend leveraging associated with high deductibles using included adjustment factors.
The Reinsurance Cost Guidelines provide:
- Guidance on the impact of hospital efficiency adjustments, accounting for differences in geographic area, per diem maximums, discounts from billed charges, and overall management of the delivery system.
- High-cost service adjustments, including transplants, neonatal services, and AIDS treatment.
The Reinsurance Cost Guidelines feature:
- Benefit Descriptions
- Commercial Rating
- Medicare Rating
- Basic Tables
- Area Factors
- Other Factors
- Claim Probability Distributions
Download the brochure »
The products we sell are the tools we use
As the premier health management consulting firm, the Health Cost Guidelines are used daily by our own in-house actuarial consultants for insight into the key drivers of healthcare costs and utilization.
The Health Cost Guidelines Suite includes the following products:
Contact your Milliman consultant or the Health Cost Guidelines Manager at HCGManager@Milliman.com if you are interested in licensing any of these products.