Medicare Advantage (MA) plan options, flexibilities, and competitiveness continue to evolve. This white paper looks at the characteristics of plans that gained or lost enrollment during the 2022 annual enrollment period. Our discussion includes observations and insights such as:
- Beneficiaries prefer plans with lower plan premiums
- Plans gaining enrollment offer more supplemental benefits
- Increased offerings of non-uniform benefits
- Maximum out-of-pocket, deductible, and other benefits have less impact on member choice
- Measuring the relative value of MA plans
Analysis of 2022 AEP enrollment results for Medicare Advantage plans
Lower premiums, richer supplemental benefits, and additional flexibility help drive enrollment gains in an increasingly competitive Medicare Advantage market.